Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Nicaraguan Alarm Clock....

...5 am fireworks.

The the fireworks sound exactly like M-80's. I'm almost positive they were being set off one building next to my hotel here in San Juan del Sur.

Then I heard music. It was a parade. I got out of bed and went to look at the street, and there were people marching in a parade at 5 o'clock in the morning. I think it was a pre-wedding parade. Must be a Nicaraguan tradition.

It actually worked out perfectly because I really wanted to take a bunch of pictures of San Juan del Sur but didn't have the opportunity to do so yesterday. Since I was up, I went and grabbed my camera, walked around town, and did just that.

Pictures of Town: Mar Sano Seven

The first pictures were taken at the carpenter's shop where our windows and doors are being custom made. They are beautiful...very fine craftsmanship.

Yesterday, I crossed the last thing off the list that I had before coming down here. I finished everything that we set out to do on this trip. The last thing that needed to be done was to find a property manager. There were two companies in town were our best options. I think we would of been fine with either. I choose Cornerstone because I had a better connection with the owner...Jason. He was in Managua all day yesterday buying a new truck, so we didn't end up getting together until close to 10 pm. We met, went over the contract, and I'm really excited to be working with him.

So that's it. I just uploaded all the pics I took this morning...I'm finishing up this entry...I'm off to get one more fantastic cup of coffee at El Gato Nego...and then Will & I are headed to Managua.

I got a room at the same hotel I stayed at last time, Camino Real. I'm sure I will have time tonight or tomorrow morning for one last post, but that's all from SJDS.

Adios,

No comments:

Post a Comment