Sunday, May 9, 2010

Hace Calor

It's pretty hot today in Nicaragua, but that's to be expected....it is the tropics. Luckily the Pacific Ocean is a quick walk away, and here at Mango Rosa there's a pool. The winds are cooking too...which is awesome. That is one thing that is great about this place...it's hot, but the winds are really consistent and that keeps it much cooler. They also keep the bugs at bay, which is fantastic.

I woke up this morning, and walked over to the house to meet with Will. We're trying to figure out everything that needs to be done before I leave, and I think that we have covered almost everything. While we were at the house, some of the painters arrived for the first time. The walls in the house are being primed as I write this. The house sure is changing...and it's changing quickly.

The next three days should be fairly eventful, as they are planning on bringing a bunch of workers to start filling in the patio area with dirt. They are also getting ready to start installing the windows and doors, although I don't think that they will start before I leave.
I'm only going to be here until Wednesday, and on Thursday I'm headed to Managua.

In Managua we are going to shop for tile in the bathrooms, and for a garage door. We also plan on going to the Costco of Nicaragua....they call it "Price Mart." It's really hard to come down here without making at least one trip to Managua because that's where everything is. I used to be pretty timid about going there, but I've spent so much time there over these last few trips, that I'm kind of looking forward to it this time. I feel like I actually know my way around the city now.

I have been staying out near our property, but am moving into town tomorrow for my last 3 days. It's been great being out here in the country, but I want to get some more pictures of town, and this is going to be my last opportunity to stay there. From here on out we will have a house here. How exciting is that!!

Last night was pretty interesting at the hostel. This kid from Los Angeles rolled into the hostel on his motorcycle. He left LA in November, and is headed to Panama. He had some great stories of his trip, although none of them really involved anything dangerous. Just entertaining stories. Central America is a lot safer that I ever thought it was. That made me pretty excited about the possibility of driving a vehicle down her some day, or maybe some moto-bikes.

Just have to learn the language a little better.

Well I'm off for an evening surf session...

I posted a few more pics


It's not very many but I promise I will get more up when I'm staying in San Juan del Sur.

Adios,
Keeley


No comments:

Post a Comment