Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Muchos Perros en la Noche

Hola from San Juan del Sur,

I'm currently sitting at Henry Iguana's bar in San Juan del Sur, enjoying a cold Tona and looking out over the pacific ocean. It's a little windy today, but no rain. This place is really green right now. I guess it's been raining like cats and dogs over the last week, and it went from brown to green in just a couple days.

I arrived here late last night after a pretty easy trip from Salt Lake City. Usually I will get a hotel room in Managua, but this time I took a private shuttle from the airport to my hotel near the house. Parque Maderas.

The drive down was definitely interesting. Hauling ass through the middle of the night with hardly anyone on the road. The only thing we saw were about 50 dogs that all love to hang out in the middle of the road. "Muchos perros en la noche"... that's the extent of my spanish, and was the basis of my conversation that I had with my driver.

I got to my hotel hoping that there would be a bunch of people hanging out...nope. I'm the only one staying there. I guess it's been really dead over the last couple weeks. The rain started and everyone left. That can be said for this place in general right now. There's no one here. The town is really slow. I went to Maderas this morning, and it was empty. I took the shuttle into town...nobody. I guess this is just a slow time of year, because there really isn't a whole lot going on right now. That's great news for surfing though, and it sounds like tomorrow and Thursday are going to be really good.

This morning I walked over to the house and took a bunch of pictures.

Picasa Album: Mar Sano One

I was able to upload this batch of photos pretty easily, so I'm hoping that I can continue to take a bunch of pics, and keep on sharing them. I will hopefully be able to take pictures of the country as well.

The house is looking really good. They are probably a day away from having all of the tile installed, and it looks awesome. It's in every room of the house. The pool is also installed.

After checking out the house I took the shuttle into town, bought a phone, and then walked over to our contractors office. I spent a little over an hour talking with Will, Maria, and Xavier, who are the big three as far as our contractors. Will is our main contact, but Maria & Xavier are heavily involved in every part of the construction process. Xavier is the engineer, and is the one can tell us if certain ideas will work. I have a huge list of things that needs to be accomplished while I'm down here, and I went through all of that with them. To be honest it felt a bit overwhelming, but this is why I'm down here. They are all really great to work with, and I know that we will get everything done that needs to be.

Tomorrow I am going to meet with Maria and Xavier at the house, and we are going to try to cross a few things off the list.

There are a couple things that I have noticed since my last visit here two months ago. The road to our house and Maderas beach has been greatly improved. They finished the bridge that goes out to our house, and have also re-graded the road. There were a couple spots that were terrible, but now the road is good.

They are also completing these small construction projects all over town. This place is just getting nicer all the time.

Survivor Nicaragua is also here. They are getting ready to film, and have booked out the entire Pelican Eyes hotel. Nicaragua is being put on the map.

Well that's all for now...any comments, please let me know, and cheers.

Keeley


No comments:

Post a Comment