Friday, July 17, 2009

We have photos!!!!

Hello all... from rainy SJDS,

I´m in a Internet cafe, while it is dumping rain outside.

I want to start off by thanking my friend Tyler for reminding me that I can use my iPhone as a computer, and email the pictures that I took... to all of you. What I did was transferred the pictures to an online album that I have with Apple. I posted some pics of SJDS, our lot, and the surf beach Maderas. It took me a while to do this but I am ecstatic that I was able to get some pictures to everyone. When I get home I will have even more, including videos.

Please go to the link

http://gallery.me.com/dan.keeley#gallery

and then click on the top right corner that says iPhone photos. There are few at the beginning of the album that are not related to this trip, but I posted close to 40 other pics.

Things are moving along very well at the lot. They are making progress on leveling it, and hopefully will be done by the end of next week. After that... they will start digging holes for the columns, and will start building the retention wall soon after.

I am heading to Managua tomorrow with Will (our contractor) to their annual faira. This is very similar to the county fairs that we have in the states, except they sell all sorts of construction materials (only to registered contractors). It is only once a year...and great thing is that we are able to buy building supplies without paying the Nicaraguan sales tax of 15%. Our intent is to buy all of the rebar, and cement that we need for construction. This is going to save us some serious money...which is awesome. I am also looking forward to another trip threw the Nicaraguan countryside.

I feel that we got really lucky that this annual fair is being held just as we are about to begin construction.

On a separate note, I have had the opportunity to get to know Will really well, and he I think that we are fortunate to have found him. He´s a good guy, and after looking at a few of his other houses that he has built, we are going to have a hell of a nice place.

He has also introduced me to so many people in SJDS, which has been really nice. It kind of feels like Stanley, ID...because after you spend a little time there, you start to know everybody.

I am here for one more week, so I will continue to update this blog and take pictures of the progress at our lot. I hope all is well in the states, and I am looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Hope all is well, bye for now,
Keeley

No comments:

Post a Comment