Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Desayuno

I’m sorry that I haven’t updated this blog for a little bit. It seems like I just updated it, and was surprised to see that it’s been almost a week. It’s actually a lot harder than I thought to take the time to sit down and write. It’s weird...time goes so fast here, yet I can honestly say that I feel like I’ve been here for months. The hostel that I’m staying at is such a social place, and everyone is so fun and interesting. The conversations that go on here are so good...I feel like I’m missing something if I’m not in them. Once the house is built, it will be nice to be able to come down here for dinner...have a great meal...and meet cool people. I love this place.


But at the same time I feel really bad that I haven’t been better at updating the blog as often as I thought I would.


I’m going to walk to the house this afternoon, take some more pictures, and post them as soon as I can. The progress seems to be more noticeable on a weekly basis, than it is on a daily basis, but it will probably be some of the last pictures I take before come home. I will take a ton of the the house though, and when I get back to the states I will post larger files. I will also go to town and take a bunch of pictures too.


I’m also going to start working on our house website when I get home, and would like to put a history of our building process on it.


I’m currently sitting in the lounge at Parque Maderas, where I have been staying for the last 2 weeks. I just got back from the morning surf session, and am waiting for desayuno (breakfast). The generator is on this morning, and we actually have internet right now, which is awesome.


Right now there are few things that are going on at once. They are still working on the garage, and have cut out all the windows and finished all of the walls. I really think that the living quarters for are cuitador are going to be nice size. I could even see myself living in something like that.


Will and I have also been meeting with Jason...the pool guy...and we are getting ready to start construction on that. The nica workers are currently filling in the retaining wall with dirt to prepare it for the pool. They are doing it all by hand which is really amazing.


The roof is still going on, and should be done within a couple of weeks.


Everything else is good down here...although it is really humid with these on shore winds. I love this place, but I am ready for some face shots at Solitude. Better post this before we lost the internet.....cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment